Friday, August 23, 2013

Outgoing President's message

I was so pleased to be given so many beautiful presidents’ blocks at the last meeting as your gift for serving the last two years. I came home that night and put the blocks on my design wall ready to start assembling when I remember that some of you were not able to get yours turned in for this meeting. So the impatient me will have to wait until September before I can begin sewing. Thank you.

I passed the gavel to Margaret Davis as your new president with a feeling our guild will be in good hands. I can’t say it enough; she is a great person and will do an outstanding job. I look forward to being a quiet spectator and lend a helping hand when needed.

At the meeting, I had the opportunity of giving thanks to those serving on the various committees over the last year, you made my job easy and our guild run very efficient.

Until I see you next month, happy quilting.

Mary Jane Loya

No comments: